Thursday, March 13, 2008

Oh come on!

So Addie didn't make the "top 64!" WTF? As Aunt Gail wrote to me in an email (hope she's ok with me sharing this):
Ok, so what kind of crack are those DE Moms smoking? How did Addie not make it into the "final" 64? Some of those pictures are terrible and the captions are even worse. Not only are some of the kids not in spring outfits, but the photos themselves are just awful. Now, I will say some of the toddlers are totally adorable but there are some in there whose faces I can barely make out.I'm also shocked (although I guess I shouldn't be), after going through all the entries, at how many parents have "pimped" their kids out. What was with the boys on the couch with their legs spread? Why do our teenage girls look like they're 18? Oi!Anyway, I was sure Addie would win. I still think her picture is one of the best and that's not just the aunt in me speaking (I don't think). I'm pretty objective about kids and their looks. I've seen some ugly babies and I'm not afraid to say it!
Gotta love Gail!! Thanks for the email!

Yes, indeed my loyal blog readers, there were many a submission where the 3 year old girls are wearing lipstick, mascara, the whole works. Sorry I wouldn't do that to my Addie girl. Besides the fact that she doesn't need it, it grosses me out! I understand playing dress up and all, but to put make up on your child in order to take a picture of her to enter into a contest is not an option in my mind.
Brian was really funny last night talking about it. He said, "if she doesn't make the top 64, then I must have Daddy-love blinders on." No, the fact of the matter is that a good portion of the kids didn't even have clear face shots. I guess they weren't looking for the All-American cutie look, which is soooo Addie.
Tonight I'll work on the Bill Cosby video- last night she was all about just staring at me when I said "Circus monkey, do your thing." Huh, wonder why?

4 comments:

Jeanna said...

They don't know what they are missing!

Anonymous said...

I stand by Gail's quoted email; when she told me the news I was so surprised I was actually speechless. Addie, sweetie, you're the best looking kid I've ever seen, that's for sure.
Love,
Onkteb

Anonymous said...

I agree with Gail!! Addie should have made it all the way!!!!!

I Need A Drink! said...

I'm so sorry Cory...and ewwww, on the lipstick. NOT RIGHT!!