Monday, March 31, 2008

Natural born leader

I decided to switch things up while picking the kids up from daycare today. Usually I pick Ben up first and then we go in and get Addie. Typically this ends with me picking a screaming Benjamin up and leaving, because he's mad to leave and not be able to play with all of the "cooler" toys that the 2 years old have in their room. Today I thought, let's try getting Addie first and see if it's easier to get out....moral of the story: yes, much faster that way.
As I walked into Addie's classroom, I see Ms. Agnes sitting at one of the tables, kind of zoned out. She's not interacting with any kids. In fact, I walk in and notice that all of the kids are sitting on the floor in a circle. Ms. Agnes sees me and says, "They're having circle time." Meanwhile Addie is talking to the rest of the kids in the circle. I say, "and she's the teacher?" "uh huh," said Ms. Agnes. I shouldn't have bothered to ask. Of course she's leading the class. She could sell ice to an Eskimo. Tackling a group of 2 year olds is nothing.
Another one of Addie's accomplishments is that she can now unlatch the lock on the gate into her classroom. She actually knows to slide her hand around the front and how to unlock it.
Over the weekend we had a nice time on Saturday. Being Wife and In-law of the Year, I took the kids over to Brian's parents' house because Danielle was home for a few days. Afterwards we met up for lunch with Muddy and Guppy. Brian surprised us by leaving work at 2:30pm and ended up meeting us too. We spent some time in the hot tub. Ben finally decided he was willing to hold onto someone other than me for a while. Muddy enjoyed that tremendously. Then best of all, they both fell asleep about 6pm. I jokingly said, "ok, we'll be back after dinner" and my Mom was like "go! go! go! now!" She didn't have to tell us twice! LOL. Brian and I enjoyed a dinner OUT just the two of us. That hasn't happened since before Addie was born (with the exception of when we were at the wedding in Miami). It was very nice.

No comments: