Friday, March 28, 2008

Injury-filled afternoon

Within a 30 minute time span, these are the injuries in our household:
  • Addie is sitting on the naughty step and Ben lovingly joins her to support her. She's not so pleased with Ben being right next to her and proceeds to push him into the wall. He slides off the step and knocks his massive head right into the corner molding/door jam. Well a dime sized knot starts forming with a blood-filled core. It looks like blood is going to burst through his skin at any minute
  • Shortly after Addie had an extended naughty step sitting for pushing Ben off, she was playing by herself in the family room. She comes running into Ben and I crying that she hurt herself. I ask where and she says her booty. I told her to show my what happened and she took us into the family room where she says that she fell on the Little People's Circus. Because Addie is the first nudist in our family, she of course was bottomless when she fell. Indeed, she's got a nice bruise going right along her tailbone.
  • As I was sitting on the couch consoling her injured booty, I had my head down looking at the ground. Addie stood up and swung Rollo right into my face, catching my glasses and pushing them up into my forehead. It hurt so much. I thought I was doing ok recovering until I put my finger to the area and saw blood! My nose piece of my glasses cut me! I couldn't believe it.

Something funny that just happened- Addie was being not so nice to Ben. I asked her if she was needing to spend some time on the naughty step. Without missing a beat she said, "Sorry Mommy, I'm too busy for that." Like Muddy said to me today, it's interesting how Addie has already learned the art of spin. She can reframe a situation like nobody's business. A few more examples: She went into Guppy's office one day last week and Muddy found her standing in front of Guppy's computer with the guilty look on her face. Addie said to Muddy, "aren't you glad I turned on Guppy's computer?!" Today when she spilled parmesan cheese all over the floor, deliberately, Aunt Kim told her she was going to have to help clean it up and sit on the naughty step. Addie looked her dead in the eye and said, "Aunt Kim, it's just cheese." Maybe she's inherited my "don't sweat the small stuff" philosophy?

2 comments:

Muddy said...

Somehow I see a book in the works here. Cory, you have a talent for putting visual images into words. Start looking for a publisher.

Love, Mom/Mud/Muddy

Jeanna said...

Oh jeez what a day. HOpe the rest of the weekend is injury free!