Thursday, March 27, 2008

It's a bird; it's a plane; no, it's

Super Muddy to the rescue!! When the kids and I got home this afternoon from daycare/work, I grabbed my keys and realized yesterday when Ben was napping in the car, I took my housekey off my keyring so Addie and I could go inside...you're seeing where this is going. Totally locked out of my own house. Brian isn't going to be home until 9pm again (yeah that's not old is it?!). So Muddy was my first call. Within 20 minutes she was here to let us into our own house. Muddy, our hero! Thanks Mom.

A couple of funny things to share:


  • yesterday on our way home from lunch with Muddy at Friendly's, Addie and Ben were playing peek-a-boo in the backseat. She kept covering her face with a blanket and I would say "where's Addie?" Ben would laugh, etc. Addie started saying, "Mommy, where's Addie? Where's Addie? Where's Addie?" over and over again. Finally I said, "hmmmm, where's Addie?" She said, "I think you left me at Friendly's" from under the blanket.

  • tonight at dinner, Addie needed to hold Look. Suddenly she said, "Oh no! Look's eyes are red. I need to get the eye drops." For those of you who haven't seen Addie in person, she does the most exasperated sounds when surprised or when she "discovers" something.

  • today was picture day at daycare. Addie wore her Easter dress with Baby in matching attire. It was a huge hit. Ben wore a cable knit sweater and nice pants. I can't wait to see how they turned out. They did some individually and some together. They said Ben was a little apprehensive at first, but Addie sat down and gave him a hug and said, "It's ok Ben, don't be scared." What a good big sister!

Here's Ben lovin' some homemade hot fudge sundaes. Actually he was enjoying the whipped cream the most.

Not surprisingly, Addie loves whipped cream too.

Addie looking adorable before going out to lunch yesterday.

Ben had to pose too, of course.

This picture really distorts their sizes. They were measured yesterday and came in 4 lbs and 4 inches difference.

No comments: