Tuesday, November 13, 2007

We're hooooooome!

Yippy! We're back in Delaware! Smooth sailing in the planes, until we had to come back into Philly. Of course that airport is soooo crowded that we were delayed about an hour. Got back just in time to get the kiddos from daycare. They're expressions and excitement when they saw us is indescribable. :) Both Brian and my hearts melted.

My camera battery died at the end of the wedding, so it's charging right now. When I get home tonight I'll upload pictures from Miami. I didn't take too many, since no kids were around. LOL

Addie and Ben had a blast with Muddy and Guppy and Onkteb. They ate like kings and queens as well. Here's an excerpt of what Muddy wrote to me about her experience with them. I know she won't mind me posting this. Reading it made me tear up.

"I have to tell you I had some verrrrrrrry tender moments with Addie and Ben this weekend. Ben is just so damned precious when he wakes up and stands up in that crib. It was all I could do to not just keep waking him up deliberately to see that little face looking up at me when I came into his room. The 90 minutes he was unhappy last night were actually quite lovely. He'd start crying, I'd rock him, get him "sound" asleep, put him in his crib, and he'd start all over again. It was just so wonderful cuddling him in my arms in the nightglow of his room, and then to hear him breathing..........closest thing to heaven. When he finally gave up the ghost, it was with his head on my right shoulder and his body across my lap. I could tell he was completely, soundly sleeping at that point.

And Addie, well, she could not have shown me more love this weekend. She had her moments where she was doing pbbblt out of her mouth, but Cory, she is the sweetest little girl in the entire world. When she came into bed with me last night, she curled right up in my arms, and spent the night just cuddling, and cuddling, and cuddling. I whispered to her and she'd answer me back, and I'm not even sure she was awake. While I watched her sleep last night, I actually wrote a few poems about her in my mind which I hope to get down on paper. The love I feel for those two little guys is immeasureable."

No comments: