Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Ok, so I bit the bullet

After just about every other Mom in the world has done, I'm officially a blogger now. I figured between the Dropshots account for pictures and videos, it would help to have a place to keep track of what the kids are doing, saying, and getting into. It also might be a fun way for me to mention something about myself or Brian.


Addie's latest developmental achievement: the amazing, incredibly vivid imagination. Since our ride home from daycare yesterday, she has decided she is named "Fudgey." Disclaimer: there's a boy in daycare nicknamed Fudgey. She also has decided that Benjamin is now named "Pop Pop." Briefly yesterday she did say her named was "Poo Poo" and Ben was "Pop Pop." The conversation goes something like this:


Me: Addie, please be gentle with Ben
Fudgey: No, I'm Fudgey. He's Pop Pop
Me: Ok, please be gentle with Pop Pop, Fudgey
Fudgey: Ok, Mom


She rarely calls me Mommy anymore too. This is slightly disconcerting, because is she seriously that mature already?


Ben goes in for surgery tomorrow, to have his tubes put in his ears and have his skin bridge on his penis fixed. OUCH. Everytime I tell a man about his surgery, he usually ends up curled into a little ball on the floor.


Ben turns 10 months old on Friday! Whew! Where the heck has the time gone? Just for fun here's a comparison picture of Addie at 10 months and Ben at almost 10 months. They really do look alike!









We've got a big weekend coming up too. The Brandywine Arts Festival is going on, we have the Lewis family annual bbq (at one of Brian's colleague's' house, tons of fun & great food!), the Eagles first game (look for pics of the kids for that!), and Pop Pop's birthday celebration (the real Pop Pop!)


Ok, I'll be sending out a link to this now, so people can check in. Post comments so I know who's reading it. I'll try to be good and publish something everyday.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog looks fantastic!!!! I look forward to reading it and keeping up with Ben & Addie. They are just adorable!!!!