Monday, April 2, 2012

Thirty-oneth

Addie loves to read, which shocks no one. She's into the Magic Tree house Series right now. At the Easter Egg Hunt this past weekend, the Easter Bunny gave each child a book. Addie chose a Magic Tree house book, the Summer of the Serpent or something like that. It's number 31 in the series. (Seriously, I should start writing kids books!).
Well Addie has been talking about the Serpent book. Tonight on the phone she spoke with Uncle Teb and mentioned her new book, which she told him was the "thirty-oneth" book. I corrected her and said, "thirty-first" and she looked at me like I had four heads. She again said, "thirty-oneth." I looked at her like she had four heads and said, "thirty-first." "Why isn't it thirty-oneth?" she asked. I said, "Addie is it, 'oneth, second, third...'?" She looked at me and said, "I'm still going to say thirty-oneth. It just sounds better." So if you hear her say it wrong, she knows what the right way is and just chooses to not say it right!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She was so funny on the phone tonight! I love that she mis-heard Sagittarius as Vegetarius (the herbal hunter, apparently). When I realized what she was calling it, she said, "Oh, I thought it was Vegetarius..." like, "hunh, how odd!"