Sunday, April 22, 2012

Meeting Colin

Tonight we got to go down to Rob and Erin's house and meet Colin for the first time. He's such a tiny little fellow; only around 5.5 pounds right now. Claire has a cold and hasn't been able to hold her brother yet, so that means that Addie and Ben didn't get to hold him either.

The pictures I've seen so far were of his solely, which gives you no perspective. Seeing him in Rob's arms gives a little more perspective. He's so little.
Ben desperately wanted to hold him. He kept saying, "awww, he's so cute."
My darn glasses don't have the anti-reflective coating on the lenses.
Addie was so excited to meet him too.
He weighs less than a bag of sugar! Not that I'm a weightlifter by any means, but I felt like I was holding nothing! When we got home, I weighed the kids. Addie's weighs 54.5 pounds and Ben weighs 50 pounds. I lift them both regularly without difficulty, so it makes sense that Colin felt like nothing!

Just chillin'.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

What a special time in your lives! YAY for new babies!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

He's very cute! I can't believe how big Addie and Ben look next to him!
love,
Uncle Teb