Friday, September 3, 2010

What one does in Kindergarten

Addie reported to me last night that she and Regean worked together in the "reading center." Apparently there's a puzzle game of rhyming words that she enjoyed putting together. She started telling me about the words that fit together. There's a cat on one puzzle piece and its match is a cat laying inside a hat. Another puzzle piece is a king and its match is the king with a ring. You get the picture. So she's running through the list of rhyming words and tells me "there's a seahorse and a plate." and then she moves onto the next match. I stopped her and said, "Addie, seahorse and a plate? That doesn't rhyme. Are you sure it isn't fish and dish?" She started her loud belly laugh and covering her mouth in a hysterical giggle. Then she wanted to know how I could figure that out and she said I am the smartest person she knows.

No comments: