Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Addie's favorite things

The unit on the five senses culminated with her production of a booklet of her favorite things. Now pay attention to not only the drawings, but also her attempt at phonetic spelling. It's priceless. I'll decipher each for you.
The cover and back page. She's really into making her lower case e with the diagonal slant instead of a horizontal one.
Ok, ok, I bet you are cracking up now, right? Of her favorite things to see, they are: Regean, her friend (Rag), a princess (Pesas--missing a few syllables, much?), a flower (FWL) and then the best one a heart (HOT-- remember the whole speech therapy evaluation because of the soft r sound? Prime example of it, when she is slowly pronouncing heart, she hears hot. I laughed til I cried over that one.)
Favorite thing to smell, let me tell you scared me before I turned the page. Most of you know Addie's affinity for my shirts and I could only imagine what she would write/draw. She ended up playing it safe with my mom (me mom) and then flower, but she says she ran out of time to write it. No idea what bot was going to be. Favorite things to touch: again get ready to crack up- because I read BONE and thought 'what in the name of God is she talking about?' and then I looked at the picture and realized she sounded out 'bunny.' Under that is "me mom scen" which means "my mom's skin."

This page got cut off in the scan, it reads "These are my favorite things to eat." Look how well she managed to spell these!! First off, RAVIOLEI, which is so darn close I about fell off of my chair. Then we have IESCEM or ice cream and COC, which was the beginning of cookie.
She didn't have the page "These are my favorite things to hear" filled out. She said she wants to finish it for me though.

No comments: