Thursday, September 23, 2010

Heckuva week

My apologies for the lack of posts this week. My big grant that I've been working on for 20 months...really, 20 months, is finally wrapping up and will hopefully be submitted tomorrow afternoon. It can't come soon enough. Every waking moment has been spent on that freaking thing. I'm so over it at this point.
It's also been a hectic week with events. Tuesday night we had soccer practice, Wednesday I was in Washington DC presenting at the American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine conference and then I had to come back to attend Addie's Open House. Then tonight we had hip hop. It's just been non-stop. I'm really looking forward to a weekend without my darn Blackberry lighting up with emails about the grant.
I wanted to give a special mention to Aunt Kim and Tom, who are dealing with the horrible reality of Tom's father's decline and soon death. While I know there's nothing I can do for them, besides be willing to listen and offer support, I can't help but feel like I should be able to. I've never been in this situation before, luckily, and I can't imagine the sadness and pain they feel right now. I just want them to know how much we are thinking of them and Jim, and sending our love.
I have videos from hip hop and soccer this week to post, when I get a chance.
Oh and there was a big article in the News Journal about the program that my physician partner and I created, so that was cool too! I'll try to post it some time.

No comments: