Sunday, September 12, 2010

Hip hop dance class

Addie and Ben had the awesome opportunity to start taking hip hop dance classes at the Y last week. It's offered to kids ages 6+, but when I read the description I thought "eh, can't hurt to ask" so I did and they said Addie and Ben would be welcome. It's called Kids Groovement and is supposed to be hip hop, jazz and break dance.
I took lots of videos over the 45 minute class. They basically learned 15 different hip hop moves and combinations. Really really fun.
This weekend we had Uncle Jeremy and Aunt Amanda in town, so they got to see some of these moves in person. I know there are plenty of others across the country who are eagerly waiting the videos. So, without further ado, I give you Addie and Ben running through all of their moves one after the other, which you can tell when they stop and look quizzically at the camera. After their choreographed moves are done they start free-styling, which begins when Ben starts breaking, fyi. Oh and I should tell you, this is not all of their moves- I forgot to cue them on two other combinations, sorry. Also, the teacher does everything in groups of 4- so it's really only 4 "down and pops" and 4 "slide and claps", etc, not 20 as you'll see. I'm really looking forward to class on Thursdays!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god I laughed so hard I cried!!! I love you guys to pieces!

Love, Aunt Kim

Anonymous said...

Wow.

Love,
Onkteb

Miss Nay said...

OMG! OMG! I love it! I love it! ROFL! Addie and Ben are so blessed! Can't wait to see it in person this looks like a halftime show to me! GO EAGLES... I will be there.. Maybe Jen and I can do a dance off! Peace and love XXOO