Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July fun

Surfer girl Addie, ready to squirt someone!
I had to sneak a picture of MomMom. That's Aunt Kim and Graham too.  Even the waterslide looks big in Muddy and Guppy's backyard!
Ben decided to accessorize, with Addie's rain boots and bucket.
It wouldn't be a trip to Muddy and Guppy's for Ben without a ride on the tractor (Grahams on there too)

Addie dancing, just before going to the fireworks.

So the rain came about 3 minutes before the fireworks started.  And it came hard.  The entire show, which seemed like it went on for eternity.  Overall it was a great fireworks show.  Ben started out on my lap and as they started looked back and saw Guppy and said, "Buppy, Buppy." So he went back to him and ended up on Muddy's lap.  For me, that meant my once dry lap was now exposed to the elements, and holy crow did I get soaked.  Addie sat on Brian's lap the whole time.  When they were (finally) over, I tried to get Addie to sit back in her stroller, to which she replied, "I can't! It's wet!"  Um, apparently she didn't realize she was soaking wet too.  Eventually we got them both in strollers and walked back to our car, at which point the rain decided to stop completely. Yup, for real, our luck!

Addie got mail today from Onkteb.  It was a really cool card with fish on it.  Inside was really funny and I hope he doesn't mind me posting it here:
Hi Addie!
I saw this card and remembered how much you like fishies.  And then I remembered that you like mail.  And then I remembered that you like stickers. So this card with fish and stickers is for you. Love, Onkteb
 
The card is decorated with foam cutouts that he glued to the pages, and of course in typical Onkteb fashion, included the Greek translation for each word. In case you're wondering, flower is pronounced "anthea" and fishies is pronounced "ichthys."  I don't know how to change the language on here to give you the right spellings, please forgive me.   There are also cutouts of a beetle, that says "This is Benjamin Beetle" and a butterfly that says "This is Beauregard the Butterfly."    Thanks Onkteb for sending Addie mail.  Ben says, "thanks for sending Addie mail too, Onkteb.  No, really, thank you." 

Tomorrow I have a meeting at 8am, with the Medical Director of the hospital, who will eventually be my counterpart in this program.  So the kiddos will have to be up earlier than the are used to.  Ugh oh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sheesh, Ben's awfully pushy for a not-quite-2-year-old. I'll see what I can do.