Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My daughter the superstar

Addie's school has a program called "Reading Basketball Association" (RBA) which is designed for third-fifth graders and involves story reading by the principal followed by a basketball game. They practice for 12 weeks and have games with other elementary schools. Apparently the kids all insist the most important part is the reading-- ok, I don't quite get it yet, but I'm sure by the time Addie is in third grade it'll make more sense to me.
Her principal has a habit of pulling Addie out of class and having her sing during the upper grades' lunches. He gives her the mic and all and let's her perform her heart out.
Last week he asked Addie if she'll sing the National Anthem for the RBA's All Star game, which is in front of the entire school (700+ students). She of course said yes, so this Friday at 1:30PM my daughter will be singing her heart out in front of over 700 people, and will be as proud and confident as is humanly possible.
Of course there will be video to commemorate this event. I, unfortunately, will miss the real thing because I have a conference for work that I'm hosting and we've been planning for over a year. So I'll have to enjoy it after the fact like the rest of my loyal blog followers. Don't worry, Brian, Muddy, Ben, Aunt Erin and Claire will be there in person to cheer her on.
She's excited because the cheerleaders are going to give her a rose after she sings. It's the little things, right?Can't wait to share the video with you all!

5 comments:

Ellen said...

YAY Addie!!! Can't wait to see.

Onkteb said...

I can't wait to see the video and hear her singing! She sang the national anthem for me off-the-cuff over the weekend, and it was wonderful.

Linny said...

I wish I could be there! That's so cool!

Jeanna said...

That rules!

LouLou and Bub said...

Is it Friday yet??!! Please tell Addie that we are REALLY looking forward to seeing that video!