Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Good bye card to Ms Brown

Addie's substitute Miss Brown will be leaving next week, since Miss Melgarejo is back from maternity leave. Last night when I was reading Ben's bedtime book, Addie explained that she needed to do something. She asked me to fold a piece of paper in half, so I did and she was off.
At the foot of my bed, she furiously scribbled away. The card had to go into her folder for today, but I didn't want to lose what she wrote, so I copied it word for word.
This is what she wrote:
Miss Bron Sary that you haft to go I howp you have fun!!
I will mis you and I howp you mis me to.
Have a grat day Love Addie
You are deftly coming to my brthday I will com to yours if you com to min
Good biy

I LOVE that she can read so well and yet doesn't make the connection between the words she reads and how she spells things. It just makes me smile. I howp you enjoyed reading that!

2 comments:

LouLou and Bub said...

We deftly enjoyed reading that. Thanks for sharing!
Love, LouLou & Bub

Onkteb said...

I love that she is both very welcome but also understands the power of bargaining!