Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Information dump

Sorry for the lack of form of this post, but I have a couple of things I want to mention before I forget them!
  1. Of course the girl ended up talking to Ben. She was 10 and an identical twin. By the end of the night, she was taking him to the bathroom for me and she even shared her clay with him.
  2. We've been playing hangman a lot recently. A couple of Addie gems-- the first puzzle was only three letters long. After guessing all of the common letters, Brian and I were convinced she surely had misspelled the word and therefore resorted to racking our brains for any unused letters and possible kindergarten-level interpretations. Ultimately the word was "won." Yup, seriously. It was pure genius on her part. Wanting to be sure, I asked her to define it and she said, "You know, when you win something." Bingo. Another puzzle she gave us ended up being "Daddy has smelle toenals." Then yesterday morning just as Muddy got into the house Addie explained that she had a hangman for Muddy. The word had six letters in it. As Muddy guessed away, I started to think "geeze, this isn't really looking much like a word I know," so I asked her to whisper the answer in my ear. She did and I just shook my head, because she was right. The answer was "bolyah." What? Did she seriously choose "boo-yah" as the word?! What a nut.
  3. Ben's current favorite I-can't-help-it-I-need-to-dance song is "Forget You" by Cee Lo Green. He just can't control himself when it's on. We even had a fun time playing it on itunes randomly to see what he'd do and he busts a move without fail. His whole body is jamming along, sort of like a rag doll,because the music just moves him so much.
  4. Onkteb was down for the weekend. The kids had a blast with him, as usual. On Sunday as we're driving to ice skating, where Onkteb was going to be leaving from, Ben said, "When my favorite people get ready to leave, it makes me feel weird inside, like I'm sad." Isn't that so sweet?
  5. Addie had another snowday yesterday. Really. That makes 7 for the year. They've had so many that they've actually taken back a teacher inservice that was scheduled for March!

1 comment:

Onkteb said...

I hope that Ben knows he's one of my favorite people, too!
love,
Onkteb