Friday, May 14, 2010

Why digital cameras are awesome

Addie's middle name is in honor of a longtime family friend, Joan, who passed away after a valiant battle with cancer just after we found out we were pregnant with Addie.
Joan was the family photographer, always running around with a camera in hand (sound familiar?). One day right around our wedding, Muddy asked Joan how she always got so many great pictures. Joan's response was, "I don't. I just throw out the bad ones." Ahhhh, brilliance. That made sense. This is back in the day, gasp, when digital cameras were not the norm, so each picture had to be developed.
Muddy sent me an email this week while at work to let me know that Addie found a plastic film canister and asked what it was. She was flabbergasted that that's how we used to have to take pictures. Hearing that made me think of Joan and how she would just throw out the duds. Then I thought of some of the recent duds we have and thought it'd be fun to share. With digital pictures, you don't have to worry about wasting money on developing bad pictures-you just get to save them to post on your blog!
As you're well aware, Benjamin has the tendency to have "Jim Brewer" eyes in photos. No problem, just snap another one.
This one you HAVE to click on to enlarge. Look at her face.
This one was snapped just as Ben sneezed. For real.

And this one when Addie decided to jump into the solo shot of Ben. It's ok though, because I'm pretty sure I would've captured more Jim Brewer eyes, as you can sort of see.
Just wanted to share.

No comments: