Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

To all of the amazing moms I have in my life, those of you who I met because I became a mom, those of you I met because we are both moms, those of you who I watched be moms and taught me along the way, and most importantly to my mom, thank you for all of your guidance and support over the years--whether worrying about one of my two children and something with them, showing me how moms can be fun and create memories for their children, celebrating some otherwise mundane accomplishment but when it is one's own child it's the most amazing thing in the world, or most importantly being my mom when time and time again it's been demonstrated how important a role model a mother is in a young woman's life.
Addie and Ben are excited that today is Mother's Day. Addie is convinced that today is MY mother's day and tomorrow is another mother's day, etc. They are busy writing cards right now.
We're heading off to Chanticleer for our annual pictures. I look forward to that each year. Imagine how the four of us will look all huddled in that tree trunk when Addie and Ben are 16 and 17 years old! Awesome. Surely will post pictures when we return.
Oh, and to celebrate what I've accomplished as a mother myself, I did what I couldn't do for 3.5 years before...I have finally thrown out the remaining frozen breast milk from when Ben was first born...literally dated November 12, 2006. I decided it was time to let it go.

No comments: