Sunday, May 16, 2010

Addie's amazing 5th birthday party

Somehow 5 years have passed and my sweet first born will be turning 5 tomorrow. I'm not sure how it happened.
We had her birthday party today. In all, 15 children and 25 adults joined in the festivities. The weather was perfect. The moonbounce was in full force. The jeep was in full use and just a wonderful time was had.
My personal best homemade cake. I am so proud of how it turned out. It was four layers tall, with buttercream and a raspberry filling inside. I free carved it into a round shape and iced in buttercream. The nose is white chocolate I tinted pink. The bow is just buttercream icing. The whiskers are toothpicks and the eyes are just black dots. Addie was tickled pink with how it turned out.

Ben took advantage of the moon bounce and sunny weather.

Addie played in the house while Emma ordered.

The kids decorated their own cupcakes. It really wasn't nearly as big of a mess as it could have been.

After Aunt Kim decorated this cupcake, Aunt Gail and Addie were in cahoots to "have Uncle Teb smell it. " When he knelt down, Addie squished his face in it.

Some of the crowd watching on as the pinata was swung at.

The cake all ready to be lit.

Ben and Emma hugging before she left.

My new favorite picture of Addie.

Aunt Gail and Ben got to hang out too.

Ben was deep in thought here. I asked him to tell everyone what I say after I take a picture of him. The correct answer is, "Good one," but apparently he had a hard time thinking of it.

Afterwards Pam came over and got some cuddling time.


"It's a Ben sandwich" between Tom and Aunt Kim.
Thanks to everyone who made my almost five year old a very happy girl. While having dinner tonight, a song was on the radio and she said, "This is the right song for today." The song is called "Lovely Day." I agree.

4 comments:

Terri said...

I had no idea you were so talented! You must have a lot of your mother in you.

Jeanna said...

Awesome job Mommy! Looks like an absolutely perfect birthday

I Need A Drink! said...

Happy Birthday Addie! That cake is gorgeous! What a fun party!

Ellen said...

Awwwwww great cake, great day, AMAZING girl! Happy Birthday Cutie!


xoxo