Monday, May 16, 2011

Six years ago....

One of the loves of my life was born. What a gift she is.
Addie came into this world with a full head of hair.

By her first birthday, she was full of spunk and energy.
By two years old, she was a dancing fool and was talking up a storm.
At three years old, she got her first set of wheels...and soon decided she much prefers being driven around instead of being in the driver's seat (at least in the jeep)
By her fourth birthday, she was making friends with everyone she met and creating lasting memories...
By her fifth birthday, she was really starting to read....

And now, the night before her sixth birthday, she's a comedian, a brain, a performer, a reader, a speller, a prankster, a dancer, a songwriter, a singer, a helper, a giver, a hero, a friend to all who meet her, and a joy to be the mother of. I couldn't have asked for a better daughter to help raise, guide and learn from. Happy birthday to my baby girl, who isn't so much of a baby anymore. I love you Adelaide, more than you'll probably ever be able to comprehend, until you have your very own little girl (after you start dating when you're 30....and after you've married by 38 and ....)

7 comments:

Ellen said...

Awwwww :)

Happy Birthday, Addie!

Anonymous said...

This is a great sequence of pictures. I can't believe how grown up she already is! Happy birthday, Addie!
love,
Onkteb

Aunt Wendy said...

Happiest of Happy Birthdays to Addie! Love you bunches :)
Love, Aunt Wendy

Anonymous said...

One of THE happiest day of my life was the day Guppy and I welcomed Addie into our family. The joy you bring, Addie, is indescribable. Every day I am amazed at how much more you know than you did the day before. And now that you're reading, well, you can't even imagine how much you are going to learn, and faster than ever before. I look forward to watching you as you continue on your path.

Your Muddy

Jeanna said...

I know I'm so going to see her on TV one day.

Happiest of birthdays Addie!

Anonymous said...

That little bundle of joy is not so little anymore... I swear she looks like a tween in that last photo! Happy Birthday to the best little girl I know! We love you!

Love, Aunt Kim and Uncle Tom

Miss Nay said...

God I love this post Cory! Sniff, Sniff! Miss you all! Must visit for the bounce soon! Love ya!