Friday, May 6, 2011

May 2011

How is it possible that May is already here? What a fast year, yet again.
Everyday for the past three weeks I've heard "is it almost my birthday yet?" from Addie. It's finally getting close. Man, what a fun 6 years we've had together. She brings more joy and laughter into my life on a daily basis than I ever could have imagined. Her spunk is invigorating. Her maturity and empathy is beyond compare. Her intelligence is unparalleled. The things that come out of her mouth are sometimes so hysterical and other times so profound. She's an incredible girl. (Didn't mean to go off on a Addie love rant there, but it happened and I'm not ashamed.)
We've had a helluva end of April and beginning of May. I'll post a more detailed explanation, for posterity purposes, at a later date. I think just about everyone knows what happened to us on April 25.
What people may not know is that on this Monday, May 2nd, my sister-in-law Cathy (mother of Matthew, 7) apparently suffered a major heart attack and died at the age of 44. Matthew found her on the bathroom floor, unresponsive. I can't imagine how that little boy is going to grow up without his mom. She was his everything, and vice versa. When things like this happen, it just makes me stop and take a deep breath to thank God for my blessings.
Similarly two of my longtime friends from online have suffered major heart ache this week too, with one losing her almost step-son at 16 years of age, and the other losing her mom and the grandmother of her children. Thinking about you both right now and wishing I could take away some of your pain.
So loyal blog readers, make sure you take a moment each day to let the people you love know you love them and how much they mean to you. Life is too precious and can be over much too soon and much too unexpectedly.
This weekend is chock full of events, which I promise to chronicle via pictures!!

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Oh Cory...my heart is breaking for Matthew. I am so sorry to hear this. May God always watch over him, and help him cope with this very hard time.

xoxo