Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Advent calendars

If you recall last year Uncle Jeremy and Aunt Amanda sent the kids My Little Pony Advent Calendars that were about as cool as cool can get. At the same time, Onkteb had come across these PlayMobil advent calendars and bought them, but seeing as how they already had the MLP ones, we held off til this year.
Sorry the pictures loaded backwards.
Too funny, because they both were shocked with each door they opened, even though they put the items in!
The finished product, all assembled.
You can't see my face, but let me assure you, I was thrilled with the notion of assembling two of these, not to mention my little helpers who were uber helpful.

When I opened the boxes up, it says in big letters "WARNING ASSEMBLE BEFORE GIVING TO CHILDREN. Approximate time 15 minutes." That's never a good sign. So it's not your traditional advent calendar, ultimately all of the pieces come together to form a little forest to play with. We're talking straw, a trough, animals galore, carrots, trees, birds, etc. Very serious stuff. Both wake up each morning so eager to open their "toy calendar." Thanks Onkteb.
(Notice how Ben becomes less dressed as the assembling wore on....it was almost bed time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys! I'm glad you like the Advent Calendars, and Cory I'm sorry about the assembly required (I didn't know that when I bought them). I can't wait to see you all soon.
love,
Onkteb