Sunday, August 15, 2010

Longwood Fountatins and Fireworks

We did our annual pilgrimage to Longwood Gardens' Fountains and Fireworks show this weekend. This time the show was set to the music of the Beatles.

Addie making faces, as usual.

Ben was most excited about getting "to paint" again in the indoor Children's' garden.

This is blurry because it's an action shot, on purpose. At the front right of the picture you can see water jumping between squirters. It's set up like this around a 40 foot semi-circle. Addie and Ben both ran back and forth, back and forth, back and forth trying to beat the jumping water.

Looking up while going down a spiral staircase.

I put this picture on so you can see Ben's new sneakers. He no longer is wearing shoes that say "I'm a little boy." He's actually wearing shoes that say "hey I'm a boy somewhere between 4 and 10 years of age." They have skulls on the side.

A relatively good family picture, thanks to Onkteb's picture-taking abilities. Yes, Addie's shirt is too small on her, although it is bunched up in this picture (not to be talking smack, but had I been the one holding her, I would've made sure it was down! I'm just sayin...). The shirt had it's last hurrah at Longwood and now will make its way to the "old clothes" bin.

This is inside one of the treehouses. It was pitch black, so I told them to sit next to each other and I'd take a picture. My camera couldn't focus on anything, since it was so dark. When the flash went off, this is what I got. They can't take a picture just sitting next to each other. Always have to be hugging or touching, which I guess isn't the worst thing a mom could say about her children, right?
They are literally within 1/4 inch of each other in height, with Addie still being ahead, just barely. Everywhere we go recently people stop me to say how tall Ben has gotten.

2 comments:

Miss Nay said...

Cory the kids seem taller! What summer does for growth! Hugs!

Kimberly said...

Oh man Cory... I don't want Ben to change at all! Tell him to stop growing immediately! What will I do when they are too big to pick up anymore... Or worse don't want to be??? Of all the things I miss in DE its definitely the kids that make me homesick the worst. I miss them!

Love Kimberly