Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Super heroes

Benjamin was in need of some new "Big Daddy" underwear aka boxer briefs. So I bought some Spiderman boxer briefs at the store, which I knew he happened to already have two of the exact same pair at home....but he likes them so I figured he'd like them more if he had more.

This morning when he wakes up I give him one pair to put on. He questions why they are the same as the others. I explain that's the only super hero ones they had at the store. He then questioned if perhaps it wouldn't have been a good idea to go to a different store. Fair enough.

Ben then proceeds to tell me that maybe if he drew me a picture of Batman, I'd remember/know what he looked like and therefore would perhaps make the proper purchase next time. I agreed that sounded like a fantastic plan.

So he sat down and drew this: (details are below)



Obviously he started with the wings, then the face (smiling of course) and the little bat ears. Then he drew the legs. Then he ran in to show me that he added a flag and a heart to the bottom right side. I asked him to write his name, which he promptly did backwards, nonetheless. Then I asked if he wanted to write Batman on it, so I knew for sure what I was looking for and he thought that made a whole lot of sense. We sounded it out and he wrote it. At this point Ben shares with me "Oh I forgot the bats!" and he proceeds to draw bats in each of Batman's wings, "so he can go like this 'choom choom' (crossing his arms across his body and then quickly pulling them apart making that sound of course) to all of the bad guys." I was impressed with it all and eager to follow through with purchasing a pair of Batman underwear that look like his drawing.

Then Addie woke up and he was so excited to show her. He said, "It's Batman" and she looked at it for a millisecond and responded, "it looks like a bear." He figured that she needed to be included in his amazing replication and he wrote her name on the bottom (he's such an includer). The things between Batman/bear and the flag, I think, are people. I heard some discussion about the little one being where a mouse could live, which would make me think there were holes, but then Ben wanted me to guess which one he was...so I'm not totally sure.

So, if you happen to be out at a store and wander through the little boys underwear section and see boxer briefs with Batman on them, make sure you have this picture with you to ensure you they are the right ones. I know I will!

2 comments:

LouLou & Bub said...

I've got my printout . . . what size??? (We're still laughing!)

Kimberly said...

Oh My Freaking God! I love that little boy more and more EVERYDAY! I want batman boxers too now... But only if they look like this...