Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Don't scorn a 5 year old

I'm sure this will win me "Mommy of the Century" points, but oh well. Last night Addie and I were watching the Bachelorette together (I know, I know, I know. I've not watched seasons past, but got sucked in by the lunch chatter at work each Tuesday. Sigh. I digress.). Last night's episode chronicled how one of the final three men decided that he actually was in love with his old girlfriend, whom he visited to profess his love to, and then had to fly to Tahiti (tough, I know) to break the Bachelorette's heart. Addie was very concerned about how upset she was going to be, and didn't want her to cry. Once Frank started telling Ali that he loved another, it was over. Addie said with 100% conviction, "I would take all the pictures of him and cut his head out. Then I'd write 'worst person in the world' on them." In those few seconds it took her to say that, I got a glimmer of my 5 year old being 14 years old. Let me just warn those boys now, it's not going to be pretty.

No comments: