Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I love my kids

I love my kids, which I'm sure doesn't come as a surprise to any of you out there. They just make me laugh and smile. The things that come out of their mouths are priceless. I wish we had cameras that chronicled everything they say, because I never remember half of it.
This weekend we had a bat fiasco, as in a winged, fuzzy, black flying bat in our house. It is a long story of how we got it out, but eventually about 12 hours after discovering batty, he was out on the front porch. We haven't really mentioned it at all since then, except to recount the story for everyone the next day.
Last night when I came home from work, there's a heart paper on the back door and it says, "You might see a surprise at the laundry people that's just waiting for you. And it might be something pretty shining down at your and you won't know what it is til you sing 'Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star.' Love the Mystery Person" So of course I come inside and am greeted by Addie and Ben who stare at me with eager eyes. I dutifully sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and then I wait for my shining thing. They are giggling with anticipation as they tell me to walk into the foyer. Onkteb was there just nodding his head, letting me know to go with it. So I get into the foyer, facing the front door when Addie pops out of the way, to show me a paper bat they have made and stuck on the front door. I jumped back, dramatically freaked out, as they had hoped. It just made me laugh so hard, that they were trying to trick me into walking into another bat in the house, albeit a paper one.
Ben had also written me a note that said, "I love you. I love your skin. I love you forever. Ben" Very sweet.

2 comments:

Jeanna said...

I forsee lots of practical jokes in the coming years.
Do you suppose they thought that up themselves or did Onkteb have something to do with it?

Onkteb said...

I was only a late-coming accomplice (or, more accurately, a witness); the idea and execution were all Addie & Ben's