Friday, January 30, 2009

Hello strangers!

So a whole week has gone by without an update. Do you all still have pulses?
Even though a week has gone, it does not mean nothing has happened. In fact, a lot happened. I will tell you about it now:
Saturday was Aunt Amanda's birthday. Happy birthday, Amanda! We love you. Addie and Ben very nicely sang "Tootie Ta" for Amanda. Because Blogspot hates me, the video won't load here. It's over on the dropshots account and also on my Facebook account, if you haven't seen it yet.
Sunday was Brian's 30th birthday!! I cooked, for real cooked, dinner for 14 people! He requested pot roast, garlic mashed potatoes and green beans. My little munchkins and I shopped on Saturday for the ingredients and prepared all day Sunday. I told everyone (Brian's parents, and siblings, Muddy, Guppy, Aunt Kim) we'd eat at 5:00pm. Dinner was on the table at 4:59 ready to eat. Kudos to me! :-) We ate creme brulee and yellow cake with chocolate icing and had a really nice time. We happen to have exactly 14 dinner chairs in our house, so that will be our maximum from now on.
Then this week we got a snow storm/ice storm. We have a nice coating of ice on everything right now, including the cable lines. This explains why I haven't updated this week. My internet at home is S-L-O-W! Oh dear lord, it's ridiculous. I can't even attach a picture to an email without it timing out. Hopefully the ice melts and I'll be good to go again.
In 30 minutes I'm picking Addie and Ben up from their last day at KinderCare. They'll start the new daycare on Tuesday. It'll be sad for me to have them leave their friends, but they'll make new friends, I'm sure.
After we get home and get our bags packed, Brian and I are taking them to Muddy and Guppy's house for the weekend, while I take Brian on his surprise 30th birthday trip to an undisclosed location. (Ok, fine, some of you know where we're going). We don't get back until around 5:00pm Monday night. I guarantee there will be lots of pictures. And we're doing a once in a lifetime thing as part of our trip!! I'm so excited. He won't know where we're headed until we're at the airport tomorrow. Woohoo!!
Safe weekend to everyone. Happy 27th birthday to Uncle Jeremy. The kids made a video for you too, I hope it'll upload before we leave tomorrow morning. If not, know that they made it ahead of time and everything!!!

No comments: