Monday, September 1, 2008

We survived

and so did MomMom and PopPop!  Brian and I are back from our NYC trip, where we went to the US Open and then to see Wicked on Broadway.  Addie and Ben survived, although each have big booboos on their faces.  I think MomMom and PopPop have had enough Addie and Ben for a while.  
When we got home, their car was in our driveway, so we parked on the street.  In all the excitement to go into the house to see the kids, I forgot I had Brian's wallet on my lap.  I got out of the car, grabbed the bag and went inside.  At some point Brian did ask where his wallet was and I just shook it off and said in the car, I guess.  Well fast forward about 45 minutes and we get a phone call that someone has found Brian's wallet.  "I wasn't looking for nothin," etc.  He went and retrieved it from the person at the apartment complex behind us.  All the cash was gone and his credit cards were in different places.  So, he spent the next hour canceling every card in there. 
It feels really violating, to have someone take that from you.  I was relieved that at least the person called to tell us.  I've found someone's wallet before and called them too, so I guess it was karma.  Still sucks for us, because we have no cards, no cash, etc until all the new cards are issued.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

So sorry about Brian's wallet! I can't imagine how stressful that has been for you.

On another note, how exciting about going to NYC! I am glad you guys had a great time!

xoxoxo
H

Jeanna said...

Darn what a bummer ending to your weekend!

Hope the trip was fun though.