Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The bad phone call

When I see daycare's number come across my caller id, I know it can't be good. Yesterday they called to tell me that Ben had been on a riding toy and got pushed into the gate and his head lunged forward to hit the pole.  According to them, "there's a HUGGGEEEEE goose egg. It's black and blue."  He was tolerating ice well.  He cried initially but then didn't seem to be bothered. So he stayed at daycare until regular time.
When I walked in the door, each teacher I passed stopped me to tell me how bad it was.  I was starting to question if I should've gotten him seen by the doc.  When I got to him room, I said, "Ben, where's your booboo?"  He pointed to a scratch on his leg.  I knew he'd be ok.  It doesn't look as bad as I thought it would have.  Although then the teachers said,  "it's about 1000 times smaller than it was."
See for yourself:



Don't mind my goofy face, I was trying to get him to stand still for a pic.
Today it's much darker black.  I'll try to get a pic.

3 comments:

Jeanna said...

Oh I hate those calls. Still a pretty darn good bonk!

Anonymous said...

Ben,
You've got to stop using your head to as a bumper car!
love,
Onkteb

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy!! Glad it didn't bother him much!!