Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Little updates

So we've encountered a new phase in our household. Ben has mastered opening the back screen door. That's not a good thing! Addie just mastered it not too long ago, maybe 2 months? So now we have to be vigilent to close the big door, or else the backyard with fountain and toys is just too tempting. Not to mention there are bubbles and bugs out there. What more could a kid need?
Addie's got a rough cough right now. It started on Monday night. Last night she was awake a lot with it. She keeps telling me she is sick and needs a Scooby Doo bite-amin to make her cough go away. :)
We spent the afternoon at Muddy and Guppy's in the backyard. By the time we drove home, I had two kids in their carseats only wearing diapers (we didn't have any extra underwear for Addie at their house). They were soaking wet from the fountain and "watering the plants." Ben gets this devilish grin on his face, and comes over very deliberatley to poor water on people's feet.
He had a major meltdown in Kohls today too. He never behaves that way, so I think it's teeth. Needless to say, I was the parent with the screaming, sobbing, wriggling kid in the store. An older woman walked by and commented "you've got your hands full." Is that necessary? I'm hoping the other moms who were there were feeling empathy and know what it's like when this happens. I don't need a stranger to make some comment to me that basically suggests I can't handle my two unruly children, who would be better off just being silent. The whole thing could have possibly been avoided if Kohls actually had carts with buckles! Child safety is not a priority with stores, I tell you!

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Sorry about the rough time at Kohl's Cory. I hate comments by people like that..the nerve! Why even say that?
I hope that Addie's cough gets better soon, the little sweetie!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry the Kohls trip turned badly. Don't you hate that???
What did Addie's dr say abouther picking? Just curious. Drake is a picker too. I mentioned that Ben does it too and Drake's dr said it is very much hereditary. WHo know?! LOL Hope her cough clears up soon! LOVE all the pics!!

Harmony said...

I totally feel for you and the Kohl's melt down. Been there done that, but at Target.
I hope Addie's feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

Well what was the sale like at Kohl's that is all I want to know. Maybe Ben had a reason to be unruly, if the sale sucked!
Tell Addie Girl feel better!