Wednesday, February 29, 2012

First tooth!

Ben lost his first tooth this afternoon!! Not quite as we would have liked it-- he had to have a molar pulled because of an abscess. The good news is that the got to take it home so tonight the Tooth Fairy can give him some lovin'. Here's the tooth- holy smokes look at the roots on that bad boy!!! Yowzers!


And then look at that little face-- he looks like he got into a brawl between the rollerskating scratch and the gauze!
It took no more than 4 minutes once he was numb! He is SUCH a trooper with dental work. We go back in two weeks to get him fitted for a spacer, which will hold the space for when his grown-up molar comes in. It's essentially a piece of metal connected to a loop which fits around the molar behind where the one today was.

3 comments:

Muddy said...

My kids certainly have loooooong roots on their teeth! This one looks like a record-holder!

Kimberly said...

I had to have a spacer when I was in kindergarten. I remember how it would click when I would bite down on it...

Anonymous said...

My Goodness! The roots are enormous, and Benjamin looks like a hockey player after a big game! I'm glad that the tooth came out alright, and that he's such a trooper about it!
love,
Uncle Teb