Thursday, September 8, 2011

Life of a pre-kindergartener


Today when I got home from work, I checked Benjamin's school folder and found the above piece of paper. I quickly decided to use my mommy-detective skills and find out what he did today. So I say, "Hey Ben, what did you do on the computer today?" "Nothing." "No, Bud, in school what did you draw on the computer?" "I didn't use the computer. Nothing." So I say, "Well what about the thing that says today is September 8. Ben said I like to have sleepovers? Did you do that?" "Yes. I said it drew it about me and Graham." "Right, and then your teacher printed it off the computer...." "No, Mommy, it was on the Smart Board!"
So there you have it. Kids nowadays don't use computers in class. They use Smart Boards, which apparently are distinctly different than computers, according to 4.5 year olds.
I thought it was sweet that that's what he decide to write about. I believe that's his handwriting for Ben and I believe it's his drawing too.

1 comment:

Uncle Teb said...

Do you remember when I took him and Addie to the Delaware Natural History Museum and you asked him if he had seen the dinosaur with the bones, and he said that only doggies like bones? It's fascinating to see the way that kids organize and classify the information they take in!
love,
Uncle Teb