Saturday, June 26, 2010

We have 5 burritos

The final caterpillar finally stopped crawling around the top of the lid, where his four friends had nicely turned into chrysalises, and he was probably wondering "What the heck is going on here? I am all alone now." He got into position over night on Thursday night and by Friday morning I was ready to transport them into the Garden to watch for the next week. I have to say how freakily strong the their silk is! I was so worried about knocking one off, but man, I had to actually use scissors to cut the silk away from the container to remove them (and yes, I understand that the average run of the mill chrysalis is designed to hang out in nature through thunder storms, etc). Anyway, they're all transported now and hanging from the side of the mesh. Will keep you posted.
We have the water slide up again today.

1 comment:

Jeanna said...

How exciting, you should be sure to document each stage with some pcs. WE saw some online and Logan was fascinated.