Monday, April 12, 2010

Delaware Children's Museum gala


Brian and I went to the Delaware Children's Museum's gala on Friday night. Delaware is one of the few states that doesn't have a children's museum, until now! The gala was the first time anyone was allowed in the building without a hardhat! It was a fun night, filled with getting to explore the museum and play with everything (really awesome stuff). The best part was the fact that the VICE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and his wife arrived mid-gala, mingled, did a little speech and then left. I have pictures of me with Senator Joe Biden from years ago, but this was my first chance to meet VP Biden. He was so warm (as is his usual style) and engaging. He and Jill mingled with guests for about 45 minutes before being announced and taking the stage. Pretty damn cool.

I was like a freaking nut! I was so excited. In fact, so excited I kept my eyes closed, apparently. To the left in the red tie is his son, Beau Biden, our Attorney General.

Just hanging next to the VP- lol

Everyone was crowded around Joe, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to pose with Jill. She's teeny tiny and very tan, as you can see.
Me playing in the construction area of the museum. Really fun!




4 comments:

I Need A Drink! said...

So so so cool Cory....how fun!! I love the pic of you and him...lmao!! What a fun night!

Ellen said...

How awesome!!!! The one of you and him is adorable!

xoxo

H

tracylee said...

The picture of you with VP JB looks like Addie with her Easter eggs - such happiness and excitement! How fun!

Jeanna said...

Cool!