Saturday, October 3, 2009

Addie's Overall Favorite Disney memory

This will come as a surprise to everyone except Muddy, Guppy, Brian, Ben, Scott and Graham!!  
In the Magic Kingdom there is the Laugh Factory from Monsters Inc. The premise is that comedian monsters tell jokes to a live audience and they collect the laughter that gets converted to energy in Monstropolis.  The show is highly interactive, where the animated monsters on screen talk to the audience,pick on people, etc.  We have attended probably 20 different showings of it over the past 3 years, each time with the goal of having Addie be selected out of the audience and asked questions, etc.  Typically the shows we've been to involved them picking some child, who is scared to death and won't respond to the monsters, so they talk to the parents instead.  Meanwhile, my 4 year old extrovert is practically bouncing out of her seat begging "pick me, pick me, pick me."  
Well, in the last hour of using being in Disney we gave The Laugh Factory one more shot.  This go-round the monsters were telling a comedic interpretation of the Monsters Inc story, choosing members of the audience to act out the main roles.  The camera zoomed in on some man and said he was Sully.  The idea is that the audience members who are chosen should technically do whatever the monsters say and act out the role.  The dude selected as Sully just sat there looking shell shocked.  The guy chosen as Mike did his thing. Then they started talking about Boo, the little girl, and then...


She couldn't have been happier. I know it's low quality, but it was a split second reaction to start my camera filming.  I think if you watch it several times, you can really see her sheer excitement at being Boo. She listened to what they said and followed directions.  Addie is particularly fond of the part at the end, where they say how adorable she is. That's Graham's voice, when he realizes it's Addie on screen.  Our laughter cracks me up too.
The smile didn't come off of her face for days afterwards.  Oh and you can see half of my shirt and my camera as I'm filming.  I got tapped on the shoulder immediately after I shot this and was told there are no cameras allowed to film.  Ok, but I got what I wanted!!!
So Addie walked out of Disney a star and she couldn't be prouder. It was an AWESOME way for her to end her vacation. 


1 comment:

Jeanna said...

That is so AWESOME