Sunday, October 18, 2009

7 years!


Monday October 19th marks Brian and my 7th wedding anniversary! On Friday the 23rd, it'll mark 13 years of us being together. And then on Halloween will mark the 9th anniversary of him proposing to me. That's one of the reasons I love the fall so much.
In many ways, it seems like Brian and I have been together for most of my life. In all honestly, we're almost at that point. We've been together all of both of our adulthoods, and half of my teenage years I was with him. Now we've been married longer than we were dating!
Never a regret. Never a second thought. We just knew we were supposed to be together. I know how lucky I am to have met Brian so early in life. Together we've graduated high school, graduated college, started careers, bought our first house, raised foster children, had our first child, bought our second house, sold our first house, had our second child, and gone to Disney a lot. (sorry, couldn't resist). Not too shabby a track record in my opinion.
I love Brian today more than I did on the day we got married. At the time, I thought I loved him as much as I could, but as we've matured through events and experiences together, I've learned different ways to love him beyond what I originally knew.
So, happy anniversary to my partner in life, my light, my love, my best friend. I still choose you.

5 comments:

I Need A Drink! said...

Awww, well said Cory! Happy Anniversary!

Jeanna said...

You guys look just as great today as you did back then. Many more years of happiness to come

Ellen said...

Awwww, very touching.

Happy Anniversary!

xoxo
Heather

Linny said...

Happy Belated Anniversary!!! Great photo!

Miss Nay said...

Sniff, sniff... so very special! You go girl... and Brian, very awesome indeed!