Thursday, June 25, 2009

Perspective

Last night Addie, very excitedly, called for me to come upstairs, "because something is new!!!" So I went upstairs and she was sitting on the toilet (it's ok, I promise!).  She said, "Look!" and she scooted off the toilet.  Then she scooted back on. I stood there like "Huh?" because not surprisingly it's the same toilet we've always had in that bathroom.  Then she exclaimed, "It got smaller! Look!" as she moved on and off again.  Then she used her hands to demonstrate the height change she believes she uncovered. 
I guess everything really is about perspective and point of view.  To Addie, the toilet got smaller; she hasn't gotten bigger. 
It made me think back to being a pre-adolescent and realizing I could touch the top of the refrigerator--that was a major big deal to me. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps one of the sweetest observations I've ever heard. My own personal "a-ha growth" moment was when I could see the top of my Dad's dresser without having to stand on my tiptoes.

Love, Muddy