Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Phone call

Anyone who has ever had their children being watched by someone else knows the feeling when the phone rings and caller id says it's daycare/babysitter/watcher/whatever. Today that happened while I was in a meeting and I excused myself to answer my cell. As I held my breath and said "hello?" here's what I heard:
T: Hi this is Tammy at the Eagles Nest.
Me: Uh huh.
T: I just wanted to call you to let you know something that happened. Everyone is fine.
Me: Phew, Ok. Go ahead (exhale my breath)
T: Addie was playing in the dramatic play area, where the wooden washing machine and dryer is. She was playing beauty salon and apparently decided to use the dryer as a hair dryer. She stuck her whole head in (you're envisioning this, right?) and apparently stuck it in too far, because it made the dryer fall on her body. She is ok. She was a little shaken up by it all, but seems fine. I just wanted you to know, in case she mentions something to you tonight.
Me: Ok, thanks Tammy.

I guess she was crouched down with her head in the hole, and it made the dryer go off balance? I'm pretty sure I'll get a full demonstration when I pick them up this evening. I'll keep you posted... :-)

1 comment:

Jeanna said...

Oh the dreaded call! Glad it wasn't serious.