Tuesday, November 4, 2008

We Baracked the Vote

All four of us were at the polls at 7:05am (they opened at 7:00). We waited in line for one full hour. Addie went into the booth with Brian; Ben with me. Addie pushed all of Brian's choices. Ben pushed my "VOTE" button, submitting my choices. Both Addie and Ben were perfect angels in line. Addie read "Barack Obama" everytime we passed the "sample ballot" sheet. Ok, so maybe she didn't "read" it, but she has visual recognition of his name. She does the same for John McCain.
It felt exciting and wonderful to vote this morning. Like so many others have said, the lines and energy around waiting to vote, the showing of such determination and committment amongst Americans, is refreshing. It just goes to show that we're not complacent. We won't settle anymore.
Here's to President Barack Obama and VP Joe "Delaware" Biden! Yes We Can!
(and omg, I sooooooooooooo hope I'm right!!!!)

4 comments:

Jeanna said...

me tooooo!

Anonymous said...

me three!!! :o)

Ellen said...

Me four..and I am late replying, but YES WE DID!!
Yippie!
H

Anonymous said...

We Baracked 2 votes in Mccain's home state. Word to your Mother