Saturday, August 23, 2008

So much going on

Well loyal blog readers, I'm so sorry to disappoint you with my lack of blogging.  There are many times in the course of the day's events that I think "Hmm, need to put that on my blog," but it doesn't make it.  We've had a busy week here.  Some high/lowlights:
  • I'm on an antibiotic now for this respiratory infection I've had for weeks.  This means no more nursing for Benjamin.  Now I know many of you are probably like "what? He was STILL nursing?"  Yup.  And he had no intention of giving it up anytime soon.  This was forced on him, rather traumatically.  The first night was HORRID.  He's gotten a little bit better with each day and night.  It was going to happen by the time he turned two, but this forced it a little sooner.
  • Daycare classes graduated last night so Addie will move up to the 3's room on Monday. Yes, she's been 3 since May, but they were at capacity when we started at this center, so she's been held back with the 2's.  There's actually a whole cohort of them who will move together on Monday.  Ben will move up to the 2's in November, when he turns 2.  Anyway, there was a whole program that was put on. I have video which I promise to put up on here this weekend.
  • We've had a media circus going on here for days, outside of Joe Biden's house.  In the event that he was going to spill to the media that he was being chosen as Barack's running mate.  Well, at 3:04am my friend Barack texted me and told me Joe was the one.  I don't think it was the timing Barack's group was planning on, but nevertheless 3:04am it was. Cool.
Finally, I thought of one way you know each of my children is home at our house:
Ben- if the oven light is on.  He CANNOT walk into the kitchen without turning this light on.  I've never had to replace an oven lightbulb before, but I'm fully expecting anyday now I'll be learning how.
Addie- if her underwear and shorts/skirt/pants are on the floor.  Seriously, she's a nudist and proudly so.  Actually she's not a full nudist.  Kind of like people who are semi-vegetarians, Addie is a semi-nudist.  Luckily her semi-nudist comfort only seems to be at our house and Muddy and Guppy's house!

No comments: