Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Worst idea ever!

You may recall me saying how excited I was that daycare was having "eat lunch with your kids day" on Monday. Both Brian and I went. I had told Addie in the morning that there would be a surprise at lunchtime. We got there and we were the only parents in her class. She was excited to introduce Daddy to everyone. We ate and all was well with the world. We told Addie that we were going to see Ben for a minute and that we'd be right back. We went to Ben's room. He got very excited to see us. He was crying hysterically when we left. We get back to Addie's room and she was patiently waiting at her 1/2 door. The rest of her class was laying down on their cots. We had her lay down on her cot. Brian even sat on the floor, which he never does, and tried to pat her to sleep. Long story short, she wasn't having any part of us leaving her there. I had to get back to work for a meeting. Brian had taken a half day, and ended up taking Addie with him! So, the scorecard says: Having lunch with kids at daycare while being the only parents there- F.





I ended up sort of spur of the momently (like that phrase?) made a hair appointment yesterday as well. I took advantage of the fact that Brian was home with the kids after work!! Here's the result:


I have gotten so many compliments all day long. From the people at daycare, to my coworkers, I've got people doing double takes! Really, really funny. I might have to invest in a flat iron and blow dryer now! (I don't really see that happening anytime soon, b/c for reals- I don't have the time to make my hair look like this all the time!)

1 comment:

Jeanna said...

Whoot, looks awesome!