Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My own reality show...

How would I go about getting my own reality show? Not that I think people would be particularly fascinated by my everyday life, but it would be a great way to document everything that goes on! I can't even begin to tell you how many times I stop and think to myself, "I wish I was taping this" or "I have to remember to write this down." Guess what doesn't happen? Also honestly reading some of these stories can't do them justice. Reading about Addie-isms just isn't the same as seeing them happen naturally. It's a riot all the time!
Today we were out the entire day. We started with a 9am trip to Target. I got them the shirt-type bathing suits, the ones that protect from the sun. Both kids inherited my fairness (skin tone that is!) and I cannot let them go through the agony of sunburn.
After Target we were wasting time at The Christmas Tree Shop, where we got some great bubble makers. Then it was off to lunch with Muddy and Guppy. Addie was devastated, because she ordered spaghetti and insisted on twisting the noodles on her fork. Each time we twisted, she'd go to pick the fork up and they'd all fall off. Tears soon followed. She was so dejected. Muddy showed her to scoop after twisting and eventually she got it. It was a painful 20 minutes up to that point, though. So much so that the Hostess there came over to see why she was so upset (it's the place we go on Sunday mornings, so they know us). Once Addie got it, we were all cheering for her and saying how proud we were. She was so ecstatic. Unfortunately, every second forkful she's forget to scoop and it would start again. Really sad to hear your almost 3 year old say, "I'm not proud of myself anymore." :(
We ended up going home after lunch and playing with the bubble makers for about an hour. Then we headed over to Muddy and Guppy's (and the obligatory nap in the car on the way over!). We played outside after they woke up. Muddy and Guppy came back from Guppy's cardiologist appointment and played too. We played with the bubble makers. I'm a bubble dork- and I get it from Muddy. They're just so freaking cool.
Addie decided to play Doctor with Guppy. She had a piece of vine, she was using at first as floss. Then it somehow turned into a speculum for his nose. Talk about tolerant, Guppy allowed her to stick this thing up his nose. Repeatedly. Over and over and over again. She giggled her behind off the whole time. At one point Guppy said, "ow!" and realized his nose was bleeding. Yup, Addie made his nose bleed! The best part came though, when Guppy willingly laid back and allowed her to squirt a water gun up his nose. Talk about clearing out one's sinuses!
See? Wouldn't video footage of that be worth viewing?

No comments: