Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Wednesday with Muddy & Guppy

These kids crack me up. Today I had to attend a conference so they were with Muddy and Guppy all day. I love hearing reports from Muddy about how a day with my crazy kids went. Here are some highlights:
Within a half hour of me leaving this morning, Addie was asking to go to Muddy's house. It went something like this:
A: Muddy, let's go to your house
M: Uh huh
A: Muddy, I want to go to your house now
M: Mmm huh
A: Grandmother, I want to go to your house!
M: Ok
A: Please, Grandmother, I want to go to your house now!
She totally gets relationships and how people are connected through roles. We spend a lot of time going through, "who's my Mom? who's your brother? who's your grandmother? What's her name?" sort of questions.

My children spent the afternoon outside at their grandparents' house, digging in the dirt. Addie & Ben spent hours filling up buckets with dirt, looking at worms, covering up the worms, getting giddy wondering where the worms were, lifting up rocks, and repeating that over and over again. By the time I got there, Ben was sound asleep on Muddy's shoulder in the house. Addie was outside digging with Guppy. She stayed out there with him in the same general area for the next 90 minutes! That's how into digging she was. Oh and Ben was introduced to the rhythmic dance ribbon (think 'Get In Shape Girl' for those kids of the 1980s), and loved it. He was mesmerized by it and played a long time with it too.

Here's a video of the kids on Saturday playing on the rollercoaster. Again, they were filthy after playing. Hmmm I'm starting to see a trend at Muddy and Guppy's house!



Finally, Happy Birthday Aunt Kim!

No comments: