Sunday, January 6, 2013

Halloween 2012

Halloween this year was a hectic, with Guppy being in the hospital and Hurricane Sandy hitting our area.  The afternoon of the evening Guppy went to the hospital was the neighborhood Halloween parade.
 Muddy had spent several weeks making Addie and Ben's incredible costumes, the Minions from Despicable Me.  Addie threw her a typical curve ball when a week before she said, "muddy aren't you going to make a Gru costume for yourself?"  Of course Muddy did!
 Muddy and her Minions stole the parade show.
 Amazing right?
 This is what they looked like with the tubes off. Ben was quite content to model the mid-driff.
 This is what they looked like with their goggles off.
With Hurricane Sandy hitting when it did, their week of school was almost totally cancelled. That also meant that instead of them having their Halloween parade on Halloween day, it got postponed...which meant they could come the hospital's Costume Contest with me! I wore the Gru costume and my Minions.  We won Most Creative. 
On Halloween night, Aunt Wendy stayed with Guppy at the hospital so Muddy could trick or treat with us.  The entire time around the neighborhood people were stopping to take pictures with them and Muddy! It was hysterical.  I have one picture on my cell phone with them surrounded by 20 kids and their parents!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did you make these costumes? My kids want to go as minions this year for Halloween and I am in love with your version. Also, any help with Gru would be much appreciated!
melissa

Anonymous said...

would love to know how the minion costumes were made as well as Gru:) I'm getting ready to tackle this for halloween and love your version!

Thank you!

Angie Mashburn

Anonymous said...

my personal email is amashburn143@gmail.com if you would like to respond to me personally.

Thank you,

Angie Mashburn

Anonymous said...

I would love for you to share how you made the gru mask. Please email me at W0169131@selu.edu