Monday, August 29, 2011

Twas the night before school

when all the through the house, this post shoulda been made on Sunday, but Hurricane Irene gave them their first weather-related closing for their first day of school. That must be some kind of record or something, right?
So they are snuggled all sound asleep right now, with freshly bathed bodies and spanking clean hair.
I made them take some pictures before baths tonight.
For some reason, they had to put on their backpacks. Ok. Addie got a little hair trim today, just so she's all fresh for tomorrow. This picture may look a little awkward, but let me explain why. Their feet are "doing a high five." Not sure why, but that's what they are doing!
Ben is proudly sporting a Wolverine tattoo on the forearm, because nothing says pre-kindergarten like Wolverine, right?


With the added day of summer vacation, it threw off my plans a little. I have patients tomorrow at work, since we hold clinic on Tuesdays. So instead of being able to drop off and pick up and photo document their first day the way I would like to, we are going to compromise. I'll drive Addie to school and take her pictures, then I'll head to work. During my 12noon break, before my 1:00 patient, I'll run home, get Ben's pictures and then drive him in to his first day and try to do some stealth-photography. Then I'll head back to work to see my two afternoon patients. Muddy will pick them up as usual and will get to hear all about their first day first.
Surely I'll post pictures tomorrow, don't worry!
Oh yeah, and you can thank me for making them take pictures together too, since I know how hard it is to choose just one of them for computer backgrounds!!

1 comment:

Uncle Teb said...

I can't believe that they're both going to school already. It feels like just yesterday that they were each born. Ben's Wolverine tattoo, I hope, establishes his street cred immediately amongst his classmates.
love,
Uncle Teb