Wednesday, March 24, 2010

S-L-A-C-K-E-R

How do I explain my complete slackerness with regard to this poor blog? You, my loyal blog readers, must be on the verge of an outburst without having your daily-er, ok, sometimes weekly- blog stories of life in our household. All I can say is, life is busy. It's good. It's busy and good.
Some highlights from the past couple of weeks...
We have beautiful weather all weekend long, so we were outside all day both days. We needed that! The moonbounce made it's first appearance of 2010. Baby Claire (who poor thing, is always going to be called Baby Claire, even when she's 30) came up to our house for her first visit. Ben and Addie love her so much. She's so tiny and beautiful. Muddy even got a chance for some squeezes!
We had one trip to the Emergency Room in the past few weeks. Surprisingly, it was for me. Very long story short, I passed out, hit my head on the floor and ended up with a bad concussion. That was over a week ago and I'm still dealing with incredible neck pain and soreness. Not fun. I haven't been able to pick Addie or Ben up since then. All things considered, they are doing relatively well with understanding that I'm in a lot of pain. Although the night when I called home to tell them I was in the ER, Addie LOST it. She was hysterical and couldn't be calmed down. I'm pretty sure just about every depiction of hospital that she has seen involves someone dying, so it's hard for someone almost 5 to wrap her head around the concept that Mommy is at the hospital to get treatment and feel better.
Speaking of which, how is it possible that she is almost 5 years old??? Wasn't she just born? Didn't she just learn how to walk? She's full-on reading now. It's rare that she has a conversation where she sounds like a 5 year old. Just simply amazing.
Swim lessons are going well. They will both be in the Advanced Pike class one more six-week session. Their teacher told us last night that Addie is just on the cusp of being able to move up (has to be able to swim 1/2 the length of the pool unassisted, do front and back floats 1/2 the length). She felt that it was better to keep Addie and Ben together in the class one more time and hopefully move them both up together.

3 comments:

Miss Nay said...

OMG OK... I miss you so much and how in God's name did you pass out... OMG!
Addie almost FIVE! Time is moving.. you have my address right? I expect my invite... and perhaps I will do moonbounce..
Let's do lunch I need you on my calendar. Love you all and look forward to catching up!
Peace, love, hugs, blessings to you and the familhy... OK.. I just need a Sunday to come visit... HUGS!

Ellen said...

OMG Cory! So glad you are okay!

Jeanna said...

Yeesh! Glad to hear you are ok although still sore.