Thursday, November 12, 2009

Quick funnies

I have been remiss in posting about our weekend of birthday celebrations, but I'll try to work on it soon.
In the meantime, here are two quick funny stories that happened with Addie last night:
  • We were watching the Country Music Awards on television and Brad Paisley was singing in front of a giant screen with PacMan on it. Addie took one look at it and said, "are those monsters?" I explained they were called Pac Man and they were the video games that Mommy and Daddy had when we were little. She looked perplexed. I said, "you know like the Wii today? Well that's what we had when we were your age." She asked how long ago that was and I said, "When I was four years old, that was 25 years ago." Her expression immediately changed into one of disbelief. Apparently she didn't realize I was such an old fogey. Later on in that show, Carrie Underwood sang in front of the same screen and there was a red curtain gathered like the old velvet ones you see in theatres. Addie looked at it and asked "why are there so many pepperoni on there?"
  • Addie's favorite tv show is Glee. I think because it's like a musical and she thinks she lives in a musical. Anyway last night episode featured the song Proud Mary for one of its musical numbers. Addie jumped off the couch to dance and sing, exclaiming, "I love this song!" She does her hand motions of rolling, all the while stamping her feet wildly. When the chorus came on, she sang, "Rollin, rollin, rollin down the windows. Rollin, rollin, rollin down the windows." I didn't have the heart to correct her!

1 comment:

Miss Nay said...

ROFL or should I say rolling down the windows... Too funny