Thursday, September 24, 2009

We're home from Disney

A great time was had by all. In total, 13 of us made the trek to the heat and humidity in Orlando.  We lucked out with the weather this year, with just one 5 minute down pour our entire week.  The flip side to that is the fact that it was at least 90 degrees everyday, with high humidity and sunshine.  Remarkably, Addie and Ben never once mentioned the heat or being hot.  We adults commented (or complained) about it frequently. We managed to stay hydrated and all was well.  A few members of our crew got sick along the way, with Kate, Uncle Jeremy, Uncle Scott and Brian still sick at home now.  Aunt Amanda seemed to push through it. Muddy was ill one morning.  Remarkably, again, the kids didn't notice. 
We did have a too-close-for-comfort run in with Addie spiking a fever of 103 degrees overnight before we left at 6:30am.  So the first day of Disney was a little touch and go, with making sure she had Motrin in her system at all times.  The culprit was an ear infection which we treated and now has gone away.
I only took 688 pictures and videos.  I have no idea how many Uncle Jeremy and LouLou have on their cameras, but I bet they might rival my total!  We also have 167 pictures on our Photo Pass, which I'll order the cd for and we'll have them in about 2 weeks (once I order).
I've decided to highlight Addie and Ben's top 5 favorite Disney memories as my way of sharing our experiences. Those updates will start tomorrow.
I go back to work in the morning, and back to the reality. Apparently while I was gone there was some serious complications with the grant I'm co-writing. Not looking forward to that...

No comments: