Friday, August 7, 2009

Some firsts

First off, I've been having problems logging in from home to update this...so sorry for the delay.
No pictures to share of this past week either--a travesty I know.
Ben got his first bee sting on Sunday while picking string beans from the garden at Muddy and Guppy's house. I was with him and I've got to tell you that I've been dreading the moment he got his first one, simply because of how badly his body responds to insect bites. So when Ben said, "Oww!" and I saw that little bugger sticking out of his leg, I thought "oh God, here it comes." I swatted the bee off of his leg and hurried him inside, where I thought we'd be able to monitor his swelling etc. Knowing that the closest pharmacy was only a 5 minute drive, I figured if we needed an epi pen, we'd be able to get it. Well, Ben was like "It hurt, but I'm ok. Let's go back outside." The site wasn't particularly swollen or anything. Within 10 minutes, you could barely tell he had gotten a sting at all. So that was a relief.
The night before Addie had a first too. She was in her room and wanted to snuggle on our bed with us. I told her to turn her light off before coming into our room. She went into her room and then I heard her start crying/shrieking. I yelled for her to come to me and we met in the middle. She was so upset she couldn't really talk at first. Then she said, she "got a little shake." I realized she meant she got an electric shock. A little shake was a good description for her. She was so upset about it. We consoled her and she was fine afterwards, but it made me so sad for her. I know that feeling and it's not pleasant, especially for the first time and not knowing what it was.
I do have a video to share. It's of Addie singing "Super Trooper" by ABBA. We watched Mamma Mia again last weekend, which really means Addie and Ben were singing along to every song. I'm so excited that tomorrow night we're sup rising them by taking the to the Longwood Gardens Fountains and Fireworks show, which happens to be synchronized to ABBA music. It's the first time in Longwood history that they are having music with words in it- which should be awesome.
Hope everyone has had a good week. Brian is gearing up for a big test on Monday for work, so wish him luck. We'll be water sliding this weekend too, with hot, sunny 92 degrees temps!

1 comment:

Jeanna said...

I see American Idol in her future! I wish Logan could borrow a bit of her confidence