Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Operation W a success!

As a Christmas surprise, I coordinated with my siblings the gift of flying Wendy home for Christmas. Onkteb, Aunt Gail, Uncle Jeremy, Aunt Amanda, Aunt Kim and I managed to pull it off without Muddy or Guppy knowing a thing. She was due to arrive last night to Philadelphia at 8:40pm. Through the horrible weather in Chicago, her flight kept getting delayed. Finally at midnight she arrived to Philadelphia and we got to wait for her luggage. By 1:40am we were home, Wendy had eaten a Capriotti's sub and we were off to bed.
Addie didn't know she was coming, because I didn't want her to mention it to Muddy. So this morning Addie knocked on her bedroom door and entered, to find a very happy Wendy (even though she must've been exhausted from traveling by air for 16 hours yesterday) who greeted her with open arms. Addie took a second to warm up, but then was all lovey with her immediately.
Uncle Jeremy and Aunt Amanda arrived to our house at about 7:30am. Onkteb called to say he was on his way over, trying to beat Muddy to the house. I woke Ben up, who got to meet Wendy for the first time. He gave hugs with no problem :)
Onkteb somehow beat Muddy to the house, through some Christmas miracle (er, uh, speeding). I got to videotape Muddy's response when she saw Wendy. After the Christmas Eve and Christmas morning festivities, it'll get posted on here. Definitely worth watching. I can't wait to hear how Guppy responded.

Kim is now on the way to the ER, where they want her to have an ultrasound of her stomach, because they believe her artery is still bleeding. She's scared and sad. Please think positively again for her. She'll be really upset if she has to spend the night in the hospital- but if that's what it takes to make her healthy, then that's what she'll do. I'll stream Christmas morning for her, if possible.

From our family to your's, I hope you have a wonderful, happy, celebratory Christmas. Much love to my loyal readers.

And you better bet there will be lots of pictures of the madness and fun!!

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Oh Cory! I am thinking of Kim so much right now. I certainly hope she doesn't have to spend the night in the hospital either, but if it will make her better, by all means.

I can't wait to see video of this morning's surprise!

H

Jeanna said...

DARN IT. Everything crossed Kim can come home tonight. Can't wait to see the video.

Oh and Logan is convinced that Addie is a princess (due to the pic on your Xmas card)

Anonymous said...

My Gang REALLY pulled one over on me. Completely, totally surprised. The best Christmas EVER! Christmas Eve was the most fun we've ever had. I am so lucky to have the family I do. Kim is okay after her little trip to the hospital and everyone was in good spirits. Can't wait to see what Christmas Day brings!

Love from Muddy

Anonymous said...

It looks like you all had a fabulous well deserved holiday. So glad that Operation W was a success and I am feeling Wendy on the Capriotti's sub, nothing says home like an authentic hoagie...

Appreciate the update, the only other question I have is -- what is exactly was Addie apologizing for? And did Santa give her the BJ baby? Peace and love to you all... Miss Nay